Recipe by spiritussancto
you can use canned pumpkin if you like the traditional thick texture and sweetness of store-bought pumpkin pie. I like using fresh cooked pumpkin as it's not overly sweet and much lighter and fluffier that way, almost like a mousse. you can freeze cooked pumpkin for many months so you can still make this outside of autumn, just be sure to drain it well when you thaw it. can also be made into a single-crust pie, just increase the cooking time to about an hour. new way to play with this: make just the filling in custard cups or muffin tins and serve with ice cream and butterscotch!
- 236.59 ml cooked pumpkin
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 0.59 ml clove
- 30 tart shells (or one pie shell)
Directions See How It's Made
- pre-cook tart shells for 5-10 at 375 degrees, let cool for a few minutes. someday i need to try this using puff pastry pressed into muffin trays.
- while that's cooking dump everything else in the blender and mix on med for 1-2 min until well combined and frothy.
- pour liquid filling into tart shells.
- bake at 375 for about 30 min or until set but not dry.