Recipe by Chef mariajane
What a delicious fall soup!!! I"m sure you and your family will enjoy it - Very tasty for a special dinner you may have coming up....
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 cups pumpkin, peeled, diced
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
- 3 cups chicken broth, 30% less sodium
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 granny smith apple, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the pumpkin, onion and garlic. Cook until lightly browned, 5-6 minutes. Add the broth, 1 tablespoons maple syrup, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer until the pumpkin is very tender, about 15 minutes.
- TOPPING: Meanwhile to make the topping, in a bowl, combine apple, chives, walnuts, lemon juice and 1 tablespoons maple syrup. Set aside.
- Purée the pumpkin mixture using a blender until smooth. Ladle the soup into 4 bowls, and add topping. Drizzle each bowl with remaining maple syrup before serving.