1/4 Photos of Pumpkin Soup Base Recipe
1 hr 15 mins
I bought a big pumpkin from the market this morning. I've made a basic soup which I'll freeze then add various ingredients to it when I thaw it out and reheat it. I think each portion would serve 5-6 people.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion, garlic and celery; cook until softened but don't colour (about 5 minutes).
- 2Add the pumpkin, stock (you only want enough stock to barely reach the top of the pumkin).
- 3Stir and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the pumpkin is tender (about 40 minutes).
- 4Blend or process until smooth.
- 5Cool quickly and freeze in 5x1 litre portions.
- 6*Thissoup is really quite thick at this stage, so when thawed you can add:.
- 7*1/2cup of cream and nutmeg for a traditional finish.
- 8*1/2cup of cream, crispy bacon and thyme.
- 9*a220g can of tomatoes for another change of flavour.
- 10*asplash of fish sauce, a tablespoon of red curry paste, fresh coriander and basil and 1/2 cup of coconut cream for an Asian style soup.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Soup Base Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (4556 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.3
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 582.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 14.9 g