Recipe by kat.beaver
I got this recipe from the Self magazine. I figured because it's the holiday season, I should share this one with everyone. This pumpkin pie cupcake recipe reduces the fat and calories of a normal cupcake. This cupcake also offers up to 26% of vitamin A which is good for your skin and hair.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 8 mini-muffin paper cups
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons trans-fat free margarine
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 grated lemon zest (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt until combined. Set aside.
- Mash granulated sugar and butter in another bowl until combined. Stir in egg white, then pumpkin, milk and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Add dry ingredients; stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into lined mini muffin cups to three quarters full.
- Bake until cupcakes spring back to the touch, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, margarine and confectioners' sugar in a bowl with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add yogurt and remaining 1/2 tsp vanilla; beat until combined.
- When cupcakes cool, frost and garnish with zest, if desired.