Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 3⁄4 cups solid pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted,divided
- In large saucepan, melt margarine; saute onion and garlic over medium heat for 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add broth, pumpkin, water, sugar, thyme, rosemary, cumin, and salt.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat; reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in half-and-half.
- In blender container, on low speed, blend soup mixture and pecans in batches for 1 minute.
- Pour into saucepan; heat to serving.