Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
UPDATE: I've changed the recipe a little. I now use the large 29-oz. can of pumpkin, added 2 T. sugar, 2 eggs, 1 1/2 t. cinnamon, 1/2 t. nutmeg, and I've added 1/4 t. ground allspice. Also, I like a little more crunch, so I use up to 1 1/2 cups of nuts. I made this using leftover pumpkin I had from making Pumpkin Cheesecake. It's quick and easy, and was gone in one night! This is a combination of two recipes, one found in a local newspaper and the other in a fundraiser cookbook.
- pumpkin, crunch
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- cream cheese frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup Cool Whip, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13x9x2" pan with parchment paper. Butter parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, evaporated milk, and eggs.
- Sprinkle half of the dry cake mix over batter. Spread evenly and slightly pat down.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts evenly over cake mix.
- Sprinkle remaining half of dry cake mix over the nuts. Spread evenly and slightly pat down.
- Spoon melted butter evenly over cake mix.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. When slightly cooled, invert onto serving platter and peel off parchment paper.
- To make the frosting, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir in Cool Whip (it's okay to deflate it, if you don't mix it in really good, it just looks funny and uneven).
- Spread over pumpkin nut crunch.