Praline Nut Crunch
- Ready In:
- 4 cups bite-sized square oat cereal
- 4 cups bite-sized square crispy wheat cereal
- 1 cup salted small pretzels
- 1 cup salted mixed nuts
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 375°F Spray 13×9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Combine cereals, pretzels, and nuts in prepared pan. Set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in 2-quart heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture come to a full boil (4 to 6 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda. Pour over cereal mixture in prepared pan; toss to coat.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, or until coating is set. Remove from over; stir.
- Spoon cereal mixture onto aluminum foil or large ungreased baking sheet. Cool 10 minutes. Break into pieces. Store in container with tight-fitting lid for up to 1 week.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!