Jamaican Jerk Chicken Skewers
photo by Sommer Clary
- Ready In:
- 12hrs 15mins
- 3 large shallots, minced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch ginger, root peeled and minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the meat. Set aside.
- On a cutting board, slice the chicken thighs into 2 inch chunks. Place the chunks into a large resealable plastic bag. Pour the marinade in the plastic bag, seal, and move it all around with your hands, to ensure that the meat is completely covered. Refrigerate overnight.
- To assemble the skewers, soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. Place chicken on skewers. Preheat a grill to medium heat, and grill until meat is cooked through (about 8 minutes in a covered grill, turning once). Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!