No Sugar, No Fat, No Cholesterol Pumpkin Pie
photo by HealthyChocolate
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the first four ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir pumpkin into skillet & heat slowly.
- Add the egg whites and cheese, stirring until cheese starts to melt. (If the eggs start to cook, remove from heat for a bit.).
- Mix in the Splenda and spice.
- Mix egg replacer well with the water, add.
- Stir whole mixture, pour into crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350, bake 15-20 more minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- The cheese is what “binds.” Blended with the egg whites, the two substitute beautifully for the not-healthy evaporated milk. (Fat free, nice, but as much sugar as a candy bar.) And you needn’t bake at such high temps for so long, because you’re not waiting for sugar to melt, egg yolks to cook – and you’ve already heated your ingredients.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
HAVE STARTED A HEALTHY DIET TIPS NEWSLETTER!: http://cardiologist-wife.com/Cardiologists_Wifes_Chocolate_Too_Diet/Home.html Emphasizes low carb *&* low fat, plus health benefits of cocoa & soy protein powder, which contains no cholesterol or fat. None! (Fish & skinless chicken breast do have cholesterol; what they don't have is saturated fat.) Wonderful, inventive new recipes AND health news. Written by a Cook & a Dept of Health Cardiologist. IMPORTANT HEALTH INFO: 1) Why YOUNGER plaque is more dangerous: http://cardiologist-wife.com/Cardiologists_Wifes_Chocolate_Too_Diet/Exercise_a_MUST.html 2) "Good Carbs Bad Carbs?" (purple text, middle left) http://cardiologist-wife.com/Cardiologists_Wifes_Chocolate_Too_Diet/Speed_Metabolism.html 3)How to translate ALL carbs you're eating into the sugar they'll metabolize into (bottom of this p.) http://cardiologist-wife.com/Cardiologists_Wifes_Chocolate_Too_Diet/Hidden_Sugar.html EVERY PAGE...LATEST HEALTH INFO, THINGS YOU MAY NEVER HAVE KNOWN... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Love cooking, baking, gardening, helping others. Have created luscious No Fat No Sugar recipes using unsweetened cocoa (the TOP antioxidant -- 29 times more potent than broccoli -- & Splenda; also No Fat No Sugar muffins, cakes, brownies, blondies, entrees, lunches, snacks...ALL DAY HEALTHY EATS, using canola, olive oil, but no bad fats, no sugars "hidden" or otherwise. Have put great recipes, nutrition & health info on our web site: http://www.cardiologist-wife.com/Cardiologists_Wifes_Chocolate_Too_Diet/Home.html To your health!