Healthy Butternut Squash Muffins
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These muffins are full of flavor. If you don't have pumpkin pie spice use the following: 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/8 tsp all spice, 1/4 tsp nutmeg.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3⁄4 cup milk, soy
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a medium saucepan with enough water to cover, boil squash 20 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, drain, and puree in a food processor.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix together milk, egg and applesauce. Stir in squash. Fold the squash mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into the greased muffin pan, filling cups about ½ full. Bake 20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION