Recipe by Lainey6605
A jazzed up version of pumpkin pie yet simple to make!
Top Review by Tricia Foley
We enjoyed this recipe here. The only thing I didn't care too much for was the texture turned out a little dry. I am not sure if it was something I did. It did not seem to be over baked though. The taste was wonderful however, I served it warm with whipped topping.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) package gingerbread mix
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate or an 8x8x2-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In small mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add egg.
- Beat lightly with a rotary beater or fork just until combined.
- Gradually stir in half-and-half, mix well.
- Prepare gingerbread mix according to package directions.
- Pour batter into prepared pie plate or dish.
- Lightly spoon pumpkin mixture over gingerbread batter; swirl gently using a table knife.
- Bake for 50 minutes for pie plate or 60 minutes for baking dish or until a pick inserted in gingerbread portion comes out clean.
- Cool slightly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream, if desired.