A touch of orange juice and orange zest make this a delightfully different and delicious bread for your holiday table or for any time!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted dates
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and 1 egg, then beat in second egg until batter is smooth.
- Stir in pumpkin, orange zest and orange juice.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and spices, then add nuts and dates.
- Pour all at once into batter in mixing bowl and stir by hand only to moisten.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, them remove loaf to rack to cool completely.
I love this recipe. I have made it every year for the last 4 or 5 years at holiday time. It is so easy to make & is so delicious. I make it for Thanksgiving and also for gifts at Christmas. I make some for home too!
Excellant! I made one change, I used baked mashed sweet potatoes instead of the pumpkin. My family has really enjoyed the terrific blend of flavors. Thanks for sharing!!
I agree with Geema, this is a moist and delicious quick bread. I used pecans for the nuts, a sugar/Splenda mixture and baked this in 3 mini loaf pans for 30 minutes. This is perfect for the holiday season.