Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Deep earthy flavors of curry and pumpkin with a little kick. From Life's Ambrosia.
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 green onions, diced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook onion just until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the curry powder and garam masala. Stir in the pumpkin. Slowly pour in the chicken broth and heavy cream. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until thickened slightly, 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add pasta to the sauce and toss to coat. Stir in salt. Add more if desired.
- Transfer pasta to a serving dish, sprinkle with green onions and serve.
I'm afraid we didn't much care for this. It smelled good, but was very bland. I added salt, pepper, garlic and a whole onion, but it still didn't taste like much. With the curry and garam masala, I'm not sure what to add to zip it up. We probably won't make this again.