Sweet Thai Chili Chicken Wings
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- In a bowl whisk together peanut oil, rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, garlic, ginger and chili oil (if using). Place chicken wings in marinade and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place marinated chicken wings on top, cook 20 – 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and skin has darkened. Turning once.
- In another bowl whisk together sweet Thai chili sauce, 1 teaspoon of sriracha and remaining teaspoon of soy sauce. Taste and add more sriracha if desired.
- Transfer hot wings to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Serve with plenty of napkins.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I haven't tried the recipe, yet, but I found a few points that need to be corrected or explained. First, the author misspelled Srirocha throughout the recipe. Perhaps "autocorrect" was enabled, but I doubt it. To help you find your sauces, The local name for Thai sweet chili sauce is "Mae Ploy" and the local name for hot chili oil is "Sambal Oelek".