Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A delicious cheesecake with twist.
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup ground ginger snaps
- 3⁄8 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 lb cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ounce dark rum
- Preheat oven to 350F and set rack to mid-level. Use food processor to finely chop pecans, graham crackers, and ginger snap cookies. Combine in a bowl, and add melted butter. Gently fold with fork until butter has absorbed evenly and formed a crumbly mixture. Butter a 9 inch springform pan, and press mixture over bottom of pan, and slightly up sides. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Lower temperature to 325°F Allow crust to cool.
- Beat softened cream cheese until light with mixer on medium speed. Add sugar, spices, and pumpkin pie mix, and beat until well mixed. Scrape bowl and beaters often to ensure good consistency. Add rum, eggs and egg yolks, and again scrape often while beating. Wrap spring form pan with tinfoil, being sure to maintain watertightness. Scrape batter into pan. Place pan into another pan with approximately 1/2 to 3/4 inch of warm water in it. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until slightly firm in middle. Remove and cool on rack. Place in refrigerator once cooled and leave in for at least 3 hours.
- To serve, carefully release cheesecake from pan edges, and remove springform. Place on serving tray.