This is the best pumpkin cheesecake! You would never know it is missing anything! It is firm the way cheesecake is suppose to be and no Soy milk or Tofu needed.
- 8 ounces gluten free gingersnap cookies, Midel
- 3 tablespoons butter, earth balance
- 16 ounces cream cheese, dairy free (room temperature)
- 1⁄4 cup dairy free sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4 cup unrefined sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs, room temperature beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Make Crust:.
- Run butter stick along bottom and sides of springform pan.
- Melt the rest.
- Grind cookies in food processor then add melted butter and press mixture into pan.
- Bake for 15-20 min until slightly brown.
- Make Filling:.
- Boil water for water bath.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- add sugar, mix.
- add sour cream, mix.
- add pumpkin, mix.
- add beaten eggs, vanilla, spices and cornstarch & mix.
- Pour into crust.
- When crust is cooled wrap pan with foil and fill baking pan with boiling water to half the height of the springform contents. Place cake into water bath.
- Bake approx 1 hr till outside is set but inside is still a tiny bit loose. Then turn oven off and leave door slightly open and leave cake in oven for another 30 minute (my water had leaked into foil so I took my cake out of the water bath for this time. The water did not get into the cake though.).
- Allow to cool on rack.
- Run a knife around the edges and refrigerate for 6-8hrs or overnight until firm.
- *note: we ate it after cooling 6hrs same day and it was good but it was much better the next day after sitting overnight and allowing the flavors to settle and meld. Enjoy!