1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Cheesecake Crumble Squares - New England
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Mrs Goodall's Note:
This reicpe comes from Bon Apetite's 50th Anniversary Issue. The recipe looks kinda long, but it's very simple and the results are fabulous. I usually share my desert with folks at work, but not these...I kept them all to myself. Please try them! You won't be dissapointed!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup golden brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- 1 cup pecan halves (about 4 ounces)
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree, canned
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1FOR CRUST:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Generously butter 9x9x2-inch metal baking pan.
- 4Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- 5Using on/off turns, blend first 4 ingredients in processor until coarse meal forms.
- 6Add pecans; using on/off turns process until nuts are chopped.
- 7Add oats, process using on/off turns until mixture is moistened but not clumping.
- 8Press 3 1/2 cups crumbs onto bottom of prepared square pan (do not clean processor).
- 9Transfer remaining crumbs to lined baking sheet.
- 10Bake crumbs on sheet until golden, stirring once, about 12 minutes.
- 11Cool crumbs. Bake crust until golden about 30 minutes.
- 12Remove from oven while preparing filling.
- 13Maintain oven temperature.
- 14FOR FILLING:.
- 15Blend all ingredients in same processor unti smooth.
- 16Spread filling over warm crust;bake until set, dry in center, and beginning to rise at edges, about 20 minutes.
- 17Maintain oven temperature.
- 18FOR TOPPING:.
- 19Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Spread evernly over hot filling. Bake until topping sets and bubbles at edges, about 5 minutes.
- 20Cool completely in pan on rack. Sprinkle crumbs over topping; gently press into topping.
- 21Cover;chill until cold, about 2 hours.
- 22Cut into squares.
- 23*Can be made 2 days ahead.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cheesecake Crumble Squares - New England
Serving Size: 1 (1238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.1
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 137.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g