This is a fall staple at our house. Makes the house smell heavenly, and they taste better than they smell. This recipe can be doubled easily and baked in a 9 x 13 pan.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup solid pack pumpkin
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine flour and brown sugar in medium bowl.
- Cut in butter to make a crumb mixture.
- Stir in nuts.
- Set aside 3/4 cup crumb mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into bottom of 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350° oven for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin, eggs, spices and vanilla in large mixing bowl.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour over baked crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake an additional 30-35 minutes.
- Cool before cutting into bars.