Recipe by conniecooks
I have made this several times. It is very good. Everyone wants to take some home.
Top Review by Chefaiath
This was GREAT! My husband loved it, my brother loved it, his firned loved it. It was light without losing the thick creamyness of baked cheesecake. I made mine with fresh roasted pumpkin puree. Didn't require any more sweetening than normal. I found my baking time was 20 minutes more though, as I often find with cheesecake recipes. Maybe I just like mine a little mor well done.
I used my regular spices that I put in pumpkin pie, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger to season as I;ve never use 'pumpkin pie spice'
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups cream cheese, softened (not spreadable)
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- 1 cup sour cream (I use low fat)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Pulse graham cracker crumbs, pecans in food processor.
- Add butter & sugar pulse till sandy moist texture is achieved.
- Using electric mixer, lightly beat softened cream cheese.
- In a separate bowl mix brown sugar & pumpkin pie spice.
- Add to cheese and mix at low speed 2 minutes scraping the bowl from time to time.
- Next add the egg yolks and continue to beat at low speed.
- Add the whole eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Now add the pumpkin puree & grated zest of lemon.
- Lightly butter a non stick 10 inch springform pan and place on baking sheet.
- Put the graham cracker crust mixture in the bottom and distribute evenly, packing firmly. ( I use the back of a spoon).
- Bake 8 to 10 min @ 350°F.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the springform pan and bake at 325F for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 300F and continue to bake for another 10 - 15 minutes
- Mix ingredients thoroughly.
- Spread on cheesecake after it has baked the 15 min at lower temperature.
- Return to oven for another 8 minutes.
- Cake should still jiggle a bit.
- Cool 8 hours or more.