Perect for a Thanksgiving morning breakfast.
Make and share this Pumpkin and Spice Sour Cream Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cooked and mashed pumpkin or 1 cup cooked and mashed canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10-inch tube pan and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Cream margarine and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, and beat well after each.
- Add flavorings and blend.
- Add pumpkin and sour cream and blend well.
- Batter will have a curdled appearance.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until mixed.
- Combine pecans, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Spread half the batter in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with half the pecan mixture.
- Spread remaining batter over, then sprinkle with remaining pecan mixture.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until cake tester inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove from pan to cool completely on wire rack.