Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Perect for a Thanksgiving morning breakfast.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cooked and mashed pumpkin or 1 cup cooked and mashed canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10-inch tube pan and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Cream margarine and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, and beat well after each.
- Add flavorings and blend.
- Add pumpkin and sour cream and blend well.
- Batter will have a curdled appearance.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until mixed.
- Combine pecans, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Spread half the batter in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with half the pecan mixture.
- Spread remaining batter over, then sprinkle with remaining pecan mixture.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until cake tester inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove from pan to cool completely on wire rack.
A terrific cake! We froze it a month before Thanksgiving, defrosted it in the refrigerator overnight and brought it out in the morning to room temp. Had it for breakfast AND dessert. Thanks!
SO good!!!! Not that it needed changes but I was going by what I had on hand. I used butter instead of margarine. I didn't have butter flavoring or orange extract so used 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp. maple extract, 2 tsp orange juice. I also added 1/8 tsp. cardamom to flour mixture and when cool I topped with a powdered sugar glaze with vanilla and cinnamon. YUM!!!
so i did not read the recipe before i started putting the cake part of the ingredients in the mixer bowl. i put the spices that belonged in the pecan mixture in it. oh well i baked in anyway and it was delish. i also made my own pumpin pie spice. 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp cloves and 1/8 tsp cardamom