Recipe by Pumpkie
A pumpkin pie topped with slivered almonds. I like this pumpkin pie because it is a little bit different than your typical pumpkin pie and it looks a little nicer than a plain old pumpkin pie.
Top Review by Keolani
Leave it to someone named Pumpkinhead to post great pumpkin recipies. We really liked this pie, kind of a cross between pumpkin and pecan pie (with almonds of course) Just different and interesting. Fairly sweet but that was good because I was satisfied with a small piece;) I did have a problem with it not filling my deep dish pie pan. I might try doubling the pumpkin layer and see how that goes. K-
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry or 1 made from scratch deep dish pie shell
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- For pumpkin layer: combine egg, pumpkin, sugar and pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl.
- Spread over bottom of pie shell or pie pan if making from scratch.
- For almond layer, combine corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter, and almond extract in same bowl, stir in almonds and spoon over pumpkin layer.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool on wire rack.
- I make my crust from scratch and cut out pumpkins or leaves with scraps and bake them and put on top of pie when it is cooled.