Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
A pumpkin pie topped with slivered almonds. I like this pumpkin pie because it is a little bit different than your typical pumpkin pie and it looks a little nicer than a plain old pumpkin pie.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry or 1 made from scratch deep dish pie shell
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- For pumpkin layer: combine egg, pumpkin, sugar and pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl.
- Spread over bottom of pie shell or pie pan if making from scratch.
- For almond layer, combine corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter, and almond extract in same bowl, stir in almonds and spoon over pumpkin layer.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool on wire rack.
- I make my crust from scratch and cut out pumpkins or leaves with scraps and bake them and put on top of pie when it is cooled.
Leave it to someone named Pumpkinhead to post great pumpkin recipies. We really liked this pie, kind of a cross between pumpkin and pecan pie (with almonds of course) Just different and interesting. Fairly sweet but that was good because I was satisfied with a small piece;) I did have a problem with it not filling my deep dish pie pan. I might try doubling the pumpkin layer and see how that goes. K-