Cherry Almond Mousse Pie
photo by oriana
- Ready In:
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate square
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 1 already baked pie crust (9inch)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond, chopped
- Over low heat, stir 1/2 cup milk and chocolate until smooth.
- Stir in 1/4 t extract.
- Pour into crust.
- Save 8 of the cherries for garnish.
- Chop the rest of the cherries.
- In bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Slowly add water and remaining milk.
- Add the pudding mix and the remaining extract.
- Mix well.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Stir in the chopped cherries, and almonds.
- Pour over the chocolate in pie crust.
- Garnish with whole cherries.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've been making this since first finding it in the 1997 Taste of Home magazine. It taste fabulous and I always have requests. I love the toasted almonds in it. Just made it for our bible class Christmas party and it was well loved. Thanks for posting as I can't always find my TOH magazines when I need them for a certain recipe. Instead of plain cherries on top, I like to top with cherry cordials. Yum.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
After DH and I moved away from the farm, and to the city...I haven't done as much cooking and very little canning. But I do come to Zaar and look for new recipes once in a while. I'm still cooking Zaar!! I like to play at Facebook, with my family and friends. A lot of my Zaar friends are there!! Yay! It's a good way to keep in touch. We travel more. We're looking at the European trips now. Hope to go in the springtime. I really want to see London, I think I lived there in a past life, I've been obsessed with it since I was 10 years old!!