1/2 Photos of Puffed Apple Pancake
Chef #795103's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit (or 420 for hotter ovens).
- 2Whisk the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- 3Add the flour to the mixture and continue to whisk smooth.
- 4Melt the butter in the microwave or oven and pour it into a 9x13-inch glass dish (it should be a couple of inches deep).
- 5Place (and layer) the apple slices over the butter and bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- 6Pour the batter over the apples and butter and sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- 7Bake for about 20 minutes or until it is puffy and spots on top are browning.
- 8Remove from oven and let it cool slightly before serving. (it should be served hot: not piping hot, but warm).
- 9Optional: Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, or allow diners to sprinkle it on themselves at the table.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puffed Apple Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.5
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 225.0 mg
- Sodium 207.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 34.0 g
- Protein 10.9 g