Make and share this Puffed Apple Pancake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit (or 420 for hotter ovens).
- Whisk the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add the flour to the mixture and continue to whisk smooth.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or oven and pour it into a 9x13-inch glass dish (it should be a couple of inches deep).
- Place (and layer) the apple slices over the butter and bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Pour the batter over the apples and butter and sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until it is puffy and spots on top are browning.
- Remove from oven and let it cool slightly before serving. (it should be served hot: not piping hot, but warm).
- Optional: Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, or allow diners to sprinkle it on themselves at the table.