Make and share this Puffed Apple Pancake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit (or 420 for hotter ovens).
- Whisk the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add the flour to the mixture and continue to whisk smooth.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or oven and pour it into a 9x13-inch glass dish (it should be a couple of inches deep).
- Place (and layer) the apple slices over the butter and bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Pour the batter over the apples and butter and sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until it is puffy and spots on top are browning.
- Remove from oven and let it cool slightly before serving. (it should be served hot: not piping hot, but warm).
- Optional: Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, or allow diners to sprinkle it on themselves at the table.
This was easy, quick and delicious. It didn't need the powdered sugar or any other topping, although some family members added maple syrup! It is important to slice the apples thinly, so they cook evenly. Highly recommended!
There's no amount for the butter in the ingredients. So I used 3 big tablespoon of butter. I melted it in the oven. It covered all the baking pan so I guess it was enough. I used Cortland apples. It's so yummy and easy to do. Thanks for posting :) Made for I recommend tag game
This is fabulous because it's simple, delicious and not too sweet! I used a mandonlin to thin slice the apples and only cooked them in the butter for 5 minutes. That way they still had some texture!