Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A local French Canadian favorite.Best served warm..MMMM! This cake makes its own sauce.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mix first 3 ingredients. Then add the milk.
- Pour into ungreased 9x13 pan.
- Mix final 4 ingredients.Let butter melt.
- Pour over back of wooden spoon over cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Absolutely love this! I'm surprised no one has mentioned that the translation is unemployment pudding! In the old days here in Quebec the farm wives would empty out the cupboard and throw it together when strapped for cash. ;-) Merci Habitants!
I saw pictures of this recipe on PAC and had to try it! Glad I did because it is very easy to prepare and delicious. An added bonus is it uses kitchen staples. Thanks Maineiac!
Definitely a family's favorite!! My mother makes this one all the time too!! YUM YUM YUM!!! I use to not like it so much as a kid but now as an adult, I love it! Merci beaucoup pour la recette, je vais surement l'essayer bientot!