Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Another crockpot recipe avoiding prepacked seasonings and can soups. Haven't tried it yet, but sounds like it might be good and could be great with angel hair pasta, rice or mashed potatoes From family.go.com
- 2 cups diced onions
- 8 skinless chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 1 cup green olives in brine
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon brine
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- Place onion in 4-quart CROCK-POT® slow cooker. Arrange chicken thighs over onion. Place lemon slice on each thigh. Add olives, brine, herbes de Provence, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Slowly pour in chicken broth.
- Cover; cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours or on HIGH 3 to 31/2 hours or until chicken is tender. Stir in parsley before serving.
This was delicious, I did add a few crushed garlic cloves in with the onion. The blend of flavors from the lemon and olives were very good. Thanks for posting! Made for Spring 2012 PAC.
I reduced the recipe in half. When I came home from work and tasted the juices, I was a little scared....very strong. But with the chicken it was very enjoyable. Always love olives! Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2012.
I love the combination of lemon and green olives! I was only feeding myself and my 5 year old, so I reduced the recipe by half. Made just as directed, but forgot to add the parsley before taking the photos. We added it before serving though. A very easy recipe to toss in the crock pot and it smelled delicious all day long. I couldn't put my finger on it, but it felt like there was something missing. Next time I might play around with some pimento, garlic or jalapeno stuffed olives. Thanks for sharing, Violet de Parme! Made and enjoyed for the Spring 2012 Pick-A-Chef event.