Roasted Artichokes & New Potatoes
photo by Caroline Cooks
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 globe artichokes
- 200 g new potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely (see note above)
- 2 sprigs rosemary, with the leaves removed (and sticks discarded)
- freshly ground rock salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Scrub the new potatoes and rub with the olive oil.
- Put into an oven dish and sprinkle over the rosemary, salt & pepper. Cook until just soft & golden (about 30-40 mins, but keep checking just in case!).
- Working quickly (as they go brown), prepare the artichokes by removing & discarding all of the leaves and stems (cut this off at the base), and remove & discard the fluffy bit from inside. Cut what is left into chunks. Add to the potatoes along with the garlic and stir until coated in oil.
- Cook for another 20-25 minutes.
- Nice served with steamed fish & greens.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!