Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've tried a lot of protein pancake recipes from the internet but they usually turn out very bulky and dry for me, so I started playing in the kitchen. These are thin and moist but not *too* eggy. They can be eaten alone but are a little on the bland side with nothing on them; I usually top them with fruit, cottage cheese, a little bit of sliced almonds - whatever you want really.
- 6 egg whites
- 1⁄8 cup dry rolled oats, cooked
- 1⁄8 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 15 g protein powder (of your choice, I use chocolate or vanilla whey)
- Spray a small skillet with cooking spray and set to low-medium heat.
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Pour batter into pan just enough to reach to edges of skillet.
- Allow to cook until edges start to pull up slightly, 1-2 minutes- if the skillet is too hot or it does not cook long enough, the whites will run when you try to flip the crepe.
- Flip the crepe; you will only need to heat the other side for a few seconds.
- This recipe usually makes about 4 crepes.
These turned out so good! My 1 and 2 year old even loved them!
Excellent! I didn't believe it, but it works
Very easy! Thanks!