Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed pretzels (, coarse)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter (melted)
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple or 20 ounces pineapple tidbits, drained
- In a cake pan (or similar shallow dish), combine pretzels, sugar, and melted butter.
- Blend until pretzels are coated well.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes; stirring occasionally as it browns easily.
- Stir as it is cooling, turn out onto wax paper and break up any clumps.
- Prepare pudding as if using for a pie.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend Cool Whip and cream cheese.
- Beat on high until smooth.
- Add pudding and fold in drained pineapple.
- Stir in pretzel mix just before serving.
- Enjoy! (but note: This salad is NOT good for leftovers, the sugar mix melts on the pretzel's and they get soggy.)