Recipe by Chez Desirée
This is one of my favorite desserts because the colors are so beautiful and the taste amazing. I have still not really perfected the art of putting the glaze over it however but I find if you put lots on there isn't an issue. Be careful the colours don't run together if you are using a type of fruit with juice (ie. defrosted strawberries)
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the ingredients until smooth. Pat the mixture onto an appropriate baking dish like a pizza pan, cookie sheet, or decorative oven safe dish.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350°F til lightly brown. Set aside to cool.
- Cream together ingredients and apply evenly on base when cool.
- Mix cornstarch and sugar together and then put in heavy bottomed sauce pan. Slowly add pineapple and lemon juice and mix together. Bring to light boil and turn down and mix until thickened. Stir with a whisk most of the time to avoid scorching the sauce. The consistency should resemble syrup. Let cool.
- Decoratively arrange various fruits on the "sauce" covered base. My favorites are strawberries, blueberries, peach, banana and kiwi. Choose brightly colored fruits for full impact.
- At this point I usually use a tablespoon and delicately poor some glaze onto the pizza while using a rubber pastry brush to spread it. This is the most difficult part as the cream cheese sauce and sometimes the juice of the fruits will run together on the glaze and not look that nice. This is a somewhat time consuming task however the end product is beautiful and great for special occasions.