My Grandma used to make this for all of the family get-togethers. I remember the first time I had it, it was so yummy...and I dont like pineapple! With this recipe, I ate it all!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons fruit juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- fresh strawberries
- banana, sliced (dipped in lemon juice)
- 1 (17 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drain and reserve juice)
- 1 can mandarin orange (drain and reserve juice)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Mix curst ingredients thoroughly.
- Press into 2 round pizza pans or 2 jelly roll pan.
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Mix together sugar, softened cream cheese, and fruit juice.
- Spread on cooled crust.
- Top with strawberries, banannas, pineapples, and oranges.
- Cook fruit juice from pineapple and mandarin oranges with cornstarch until slightly thick.
- Drizzle over fruit.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
After reading some of the other reviews, I made a few modifications of my own and this came out PERFECT! First, I creamed the butter, shortening and egg together then added the dry ingredients. The dough was not crumbly and had a wonderful texture for pushing onto an 18" pie pan coated with a layer of wax paper. It baked just right and the cream cheese filling was the perfect amount. I topped this with sliced strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. A berry - delicious dessert for a HOT summer day! :)Reply
Awesome! I made this for my birthday to bring in to work, and I think this is THE BEST fruit pizza I have ever had. I have made them before with a sugar cookie crust & white chocolate - but they were always too sweet. This one is perfect! I used kiwi, dark sweet cherries, bananas, mandarin oranges, strawberries, blueberries & pineapple -- turned out gorgeous! Thank you so much for posting this recipe -- I am sure I will make it again & again! -M =)Reply
Excellent! I made two of these - one for my family and one for a friend. The first time I made the crust it never made a dough - it was just crumbly, but it did stick together in the pan without any problems and cooked fine. I thought it was a little thin so when I made the second one I doubled the recipe - this time the dough was "normal" not crumbly, but still cooked the same. The thinner crust wasn't greasy at all, but the thicker crust was - probably should've cooked it longer. Each crust was 14". From now on when I make this I won't double the recipe for a 14" pan - I think the thinner crust is better. I added kiwi to the fruits listed in the ingredients. I had to use twice the amount of the cream cheese mixture, but the amount of fruits listed was plenty for both pizzas. I only used about 1/3 of the sauce (about 1/6 on each pizza). It probably would've tasted fine with more sauce, but I didn't want to over do it.Reply
see 6 more