Recipe by Gardening Girl
A healthy vegetable stew (electric pressure cooker) I like to add a cup of shredded Italian blend cheese when adding the basil and parsley but this is optional.
Top Review by Honor Diversity
Excellent recipe... Only additions were more garlic, 2C fresh tomatoes, chicken broth (1/2 C) and 1/4 C red wine, used to rince out small 6 Oz? sized tomato sauce, and added some fresh basil and oregano. Served with Sweet Italian sausage and Penne pasta from this site . It turned out a little saucey with my additions, so served it with a slotted spoon in a pasta bowl alongside the Penne and sausage. Guests went back for seconds! Thanks!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cored seeded and diced green bell peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups cored seeded and diced red bell peppers
- 2 cups diced zucchini (1/2 in dice)
- 2 cups diced eggplants (1/2 in dice)
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded basil
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in pressure cooker using the Brown setting.
- Add onions, garlic, peppers and brown until the onion is soft.
- Add zucchni, tomatoes, eggplant, water, thyme, salt and pepper and brown for 4 minutes.
- Cover and set to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Release the pressure using the quick release method.
- Unlock and remove lid, add the basil and parsley.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.