Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A healthy vegetable stew (electric pressure cooker) I like to add a cup of shredded Italian blend cheese when adding the basil and parsley but this is optional.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cored seeded and diced green bell peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups cored seeded and diced red bell peppers
- 2 cups diced zucchini (1/2 in dice)
- 2 cups diced eggplants (1/2 in dice)
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded basil
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat olive oil in pressure cooker using the Brown setting.
- Add onions, garlic, peppers and brown until the onion is soft.
- Add zucchni, tomatoes, eggplant, water, thyme, salt and pepper and brown for 4 minutes.
- Cover and set to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Release the pressure using the quick release method.
- Unlock and remove lid, add the basil and parsley.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.