Recipe by Latchy
Very easy, healthy and tasty recipe based on a recipe from the book, Spirit House
Top Review by mianbao
Shrimp in a sweet-tart sauce with just a hint of a bite from the chilies. (I used unseeded Thai chilies.) I thought it was very good, and also, very easy to make. I agree with Nose that additional vegetables, such as bell peppers, might be nice, too. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, sliced very fine
- 2 red chilies, seeded and sliced very fine
- 20 green king prawns, peeled and deveined with tail intact, can leave head on to if you wish (shrimp)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup tamarind juice
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 spring onions, sliced (green onion)
- fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in wok until smoking then add onion and chili and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add prawns and garlic, stir fry until prawns are just starting to colour, around 2 minutes.
- Add tamarind water, palm sugar and fish sauce and stir fry until the prawns are cooked and the sauce has slightly thickened, around 3 minutes Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with the spring onion and coriander leaves.
- Serve with Jasmine rice.