I have really been enjoying stir fry's lately, they really are great and are so easy to do without a lot of fuss. You can have a fantastic tasting meal on the table in about 30 Min's that is not only healthy but tastes wonderful and because your not slaving over the stove for hours, you get to sit down and enjoy your meal. This is one I made the other night as I fancied some fish. I have been cooking a lot of chicken lately, as with all the food price hikes, it is just too expensive to eat all the variety I used to cook and I fancied a change. It was definitely worth it I really enjoyed this one as did my hubby.
- 700 g salmon fillets, skinned and cut into cubes
- 400 g green prawns (I buy them already shelled you may want to up the weight if you are buying them with shell on.)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemongrass, finely chopped (2 Teaspoons if you use a paste)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided use
- 1 medium carrot, slice carrot into ribbons using a vegetable peeler (about 150g)
- 100 g snow peas, sliced into thin strips
- 200 g bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Combine Prawns and salmon in a large bowl with mint, lemon grass, garlic, rind, juice and sambal, cover, refrigerate 10 Min's.
- In a screw top jar add vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and 2 tablespoons peanut oil, shake well.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon peanut oil in a wok add prawns and cook for a couple Min's, stirring, add Salmon and stir fry 3 Min's more. Remove from pan.
- Add a touch more oil and add carrot and snow peas stir-fry 1 Minute, stirring continuously, Return prawn mixture along with bean sprouts, coriander and combine oil, vinegar, sugar and soy, stir, cover a couple of minutes until vegetables are just tender and fish is cooked through.
- I served as is, if you serve this with rice or noodles I would probably lower weight amounts of fish and slightly adjust on veg.