Recipe by Annisette
Can't remember where I got this, but it's delicious! Cooking and prep times are estimates.
Top Review by Chef PotPie
Very tasty, and pretty, too! I had two HUGE Yukon Golds, so I baked them for about 1 1/2 hours because we like a thick skin. Then I followed the recipe, using fresh chives from my garden rather than the green onion. I made them ahead and took Pam's advice, baked them for about 15 minutes (b/c of the raw egg), and then put on the parmesan and broiled for about 5 minutes. Great recipe, Anni!
- 6 baking potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon green onion
- parmesan cheese, grated (to sprinkle over the tops)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Scrub the potatoes and place them in the oven until done, about 1 hour.
- Cut each potato in half, lengthwise. Carefully, scoop out the potato and place in a bowl. Set the potato shells aside to use later.
- While still hot, mash the potatoes with the milk, beaten egg, and butter. Beat until fluffy.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add in the onion.
- Spread the potato shells with butter and fill each shell with the potato mixture.
- Sprinkle the tops with parmesan cheese.
- Bake until tops are browned.