Recipe by JenSmith
Make potatoes fit for a king with this yummy recipe! Source: Southern Living, January 1986.
- 4 medium red potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute potatoes and salt in butter in a large skillet for 10 minutes, turning occasionally with a spatula.
- Place remaining ingredients except wine in the container of an electric blender; process until smooth.
- Pour mixture from the blender over the potatoes in skillet; cover and cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in wine, and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.