Cook1 hr 15 mins
I've been making this one from Good Housekeeping for years!
Make and share this Potatoes Anna recipe from Food.com.
- Arrange& overlap potato slices in a greased 8 inch pie plate.
- Melt butter in a skillet& stir in salt; drizzle over potatoes.
- Cover plate tightly with foil& bake in preheated 425 oven for 20 minutes.
- Uncover& bake an additional 55 minutes or until potatoes are very tender& crusty; let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Using a metal spatula, carefully loosen the potatoes from the pie plate& place an inverted serving plate over the potatoes; Holding both plates, invert& unmold, then cut into wedges.
This turned out great! I even used a cookie cutter to cut the potatoes into shapes and then baked them for a party and everyone loved it!
Loved it! My whole family really enjoyed trying this new recipe. I wanted to make a larger quantity so I sliced 7 potatoes (left skins on), melted a whole stick of butter (this proved to be too much), kept it at 1 tsp. salt and added freshly ground pepper. I baked it in an 11x7-inch baking dish. I would just suggest making sure you stir the salt in well as we had some rather salty spots in ours. Great recipe to add to my collection! Thank you, CountryLady for sharing this one!
I added fresh ground pepper along with the salt and butter. They turned out great! Nice and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. This is a great dish to have with just about any main dish!