- 8 small red potatoes, about 1 pound
- 3⁄4 cup peas, frozen or fresh
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small white onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large head boston lettuce, finely shredded
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in saucepan, cover with water and salt to taste. Boil about 20 minutes until done. Drain.
- In another saucepan, combine peas, butter, onion, shredded lettuce, salt and pepper to taste, and sugar. Cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes, until peas are tender.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut potatoes into quarter inch thick slices. Add potatoes to peas. Add the cream and milk, salt and pepper to taste. Cook about 5 minutes and serve.