Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A great all in one side dish for just about any meat.
- 2 lbs small white potatoes, scrubbed and sliced THIN (about 7 cups sliced)
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or a combo of both) or 1 1⁄2-2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (or a combo of both)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 dash hot sauce (or use more or don't use any)
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease/spray a 13" x 9" baking dish; set aside.
- Place potato slices in a large bowl; add spinach, onions and garlic; toss well to evenly distribute.
- In a separate bowl, combine half and half, melted butter, cheese, salt, pepper, paprika, parsley and hot sauce; stir together well; pour this mixture over potato mixture and stir well to evenly combine.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish; cover and bake at 375 for 50-60 minutes (or until potatoes are tender).
- Uncover and continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes.
Very good. Enjoyed every fork full! The only thing I changed was to use fresh spinach. Sort of layered the potatoes and spinach. And, of course, added more garlic! Thnx for posting, Parsley. Made for ZWT5 for RRR
I made this recipe for ZWT5 French/Cajun, and I really loved the combination of flavors and textures. The only reason I knocked it down one star is because I think it needs nearly double the salt (which is odd since I used only sharp cheddar and that's quite salty). I don't know that I would use garlic again, because I couldn't really taste it. I used one dash of Tabaso, but I would definitely do more next time (I didn't notice it at all). My 3-yr-old loved it, and that's heavy praise. I will definitely be making this again with those slight changes. Thanks for posting, Parsley!
Pretty and tasty side dish, great served with a grill. I added a little diced bacon but otherwise made no other changes. Very easy to do !!Made for ZWT 5.