Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this from a friend who works in a hotel kitchen.
Make and share this Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine or olive oil)
- 8 ounces bacon, chopped fine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced leek, green and white parts
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1 cup carrot, cubed small
- 1 cup celery, cubed small
- 1 cup peas (frozen)
- broth (beef or chicken or vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons herbs (parsley, dill, chives, marjoram)
- 10 cocktail franks
- sour cream, as a garnish (optional)
additional veggies that can be put in the soup if you wish
- mushrooms or bell peppers or rutabagas or parsnips or turnips or green onion, The possibilities are endless
- Saute the bacon in the fat until crispy.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Add the leeks and the garlic and continue to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the carrots and the celery and cook for another minute or so.
- Add the peas and the potatoes.
- Fill up with broth until the veggies are covered.
- Simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Take out 1/3 of the veggies and potatoes and puree.
- Put back into the soup and stir.
- Add the herbs and the franks and heat through.
- Add a spoonfull of sour cream on each plate.