This is my final recipe entry from *Cool Cuisine* (Traditional Icelandic Cuisine) by Nanna Rognvaldardottir & I suppose it's only fitting it should feature the much-revered potato. Per the intro: "Potato salad is served w/many meat dishes, esp steaks, grilled meat & sausages. There is a wide variety of recipes, but this 1 is the most popular." (This recipe begins w/the eggs & potatoes already cooked, so that time is not reflected) *Enjoy* !
- 1 3⁄4 lbs potatoes (boiled tender, peeled & cubed)
- 3 eggs (hard-boiled & chopped)
- 2 apples (peeled, cored & chopped)
- 6 -8 gherkins (chopped)
- 1⁄4 onion (chopped, larger amt if desired)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (or up to 1 tsp)
- lemon juice (optional as desired)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Peel & cube potatoes. Chop eggs. Peel, core & chop the apples. Chop gherkins & onion.
- Mix 1st 7 ingredients (potatoes thru sour cream) in a lrg bowl.
- Add curry powder, lemon juice (if using), salt + pepper to taste pref & stir well. Refrigerate for at least 6 hrs prior to serving.