Love Balls (Aka Astarpungar in Iceland)
photo by twissis
- Ready In:
24 Raisin Fritters
- Whisk eggs & sugar in a bowl.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cardamom & salt. Stir this mixture into the egg mixture, alternating w/the milk. (NOTE: You may not need all the milk. The batter should be thick & almost able to hold its shape.).
- Fold in the raisins. Heat oil to 365°F.
- Shape balls using 2 tablespoons & fry 5-6 at a time for 3-4 min or till med-brown & puffy, turning several times to cook evenly.
- Remove w/slotted spoon, drain on absorbent paper & repeat process to use all batter.
- NOTE #1 Re Yield & Times: I have not made this recipe & admit I have no plans to do so in the immediate future since my child-bearing yrs are ancient history. My prob entering this recipe was that there was not a hint of yield or times. That said, they were entirely guesstimated.
- NOTE #2: I was a bit surprised there was no mention of plumping the raisins. I would favor doing that, but it's your choice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!