Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is my mother's family recipe. It's sweeter than any other I've had, and it doesn't use mustard. We usually make rather large batches, so you'll probably want to scale back the servings. And no, leftovers are never a problem. :)
- Hard boil eggs. Set aside to cool.
- Boil potatoes with salt. Leave skins on, but wash well. Potatoes are done when they are slightly firmer than a baked potato. Set aside to cool.
- Dice celery and onions.
- Mix together remaining ingredients.
- Peel eggs and mash them with a fork.
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Chill overnight.
I like the turmeric in this, I've never had it before. We always make a relish potato salad. The salad was not overly sweet and NOT swimming in mayonnaise so it gets 2 extra stars for that. :) I made half of this recipe. I brought my water to a boil, put the potatoes in and set timer for 18 minutes. They came out perfect. Steamed my eggs for 12 minutes. Thank you for posting. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game