Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I found this recipes years ago in a cookbook. My Husband wanted me to make potato salad that was not German.
- 6 medium boiling potatoes (2 pounds)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise or 1 1⁄2 cups salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Scrub potatoes.
- Leaves skins on if desired, or peel thinly and remove eyes.
- Heat 1 inch water (salted if desired) to boiling; add potatoes.
- Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cook 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- Cool slightly; cut into cubes (about 6 cups).
- Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in 4-quart glass or plastic bowl.
- Add potatoes, celery and onion; toss.
- Stir in eggs.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.