Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My kids really like these. Sometimes we sprinkle shredded cheese on top. YUM!!
Top Review by ColCadsMom
I was looking for a recipe to use my leftover mashed potatoes, and this is the one I chose, because it was baked instead of fried. I used onion powder instead of onions, because I wanted to pipe them onto a cookie sheet instead of put them into a dish. I also sprinkled a little paprika on top for color. They only took about 14 minutes to cook, since they were in much smaller portions. They were pretty enough to serve to guests! They were delicious while they were hot, not so great after they cooled, hence the serve immediately at the bottom of the recipe! Thanks for posting another great recipe NurseDi!
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks until frothy.
- Add next 6 ingredients; mix well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into potato mixture.
- Brush 8 small ramekins with melted butter.
- Spoon potato mixture evenly into ramekins.
- Brush remaining butter over potatoes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.