- Ready In:
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes, unseasoned
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- paprika, to make it look pretty
- To the mashed potatoes, add the butter, milk, and the lightly-beaten egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold them into the well-blended potato mixture.
- Pile the mass into a well-greased baking dish. With the back of a spoon, make pretty waves (like you would a meringue) in the potatoes and sprinkle with paprika. Also, dot with extra butter, if desired.
- Bake at 375 for 20-30 min, just until potatoes start to look a bit dried out and start to brown. Let cool a minute or two and serve.
Join The Conversation