1/1 Photo of Potato Leek Soup
Amber Roe's Note:
From the wonderful Enchanted Broccoli Forest by Mollie Katzen. This soup is great year round.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub the potatoes and cut them into 1 inch chunks.
- 2Place them in a soup pot or Dutch oven with the leeks, celery, carrot, water and salt.
- 3Bring to a boil, cover, and cook until the potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes).
- 4Remove from heat, and let it cool until it's no longer too hot to puree.
- 5Puree the soup in a blender or food processor in batches.
- 6Return the puree to the pot.
- 7Stir in the milk.
- 8Add black pepper to taste and adjust salt if necessary.
- 9Serve hot or cold, possibly topped with a sprinkling of fresh hebs.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Leek Soup
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.1
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 634.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 4.3 g