From the wonderful Enchanted Broccoli Forest by Mollie Katzen. This soup is great year round.
Make and share this Potato Leek Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Scrub the potatoes and cut them into 1 inch chunks.
- Place them in a soup pot or Dutch oven with the leeks, celery, carrot, water and salt.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and cook until the potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from heat, and let it cool until it's no longer too hot to puree.
- Puree the soup in a blender or food processor in batches.
- Return the puree to the pot.
- Stir in the milk.
- Add black pepper to taste and adjust salt if necessary.
- Serve hot or cold, possibly topped with a sprinkling of fresh hebs.