Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Classic lasagna, except you use potatoes instead of pasta to separate the layers of beef, vegetables, and pasta sauce. Really good! Recipe from Linda Larson at About.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups country style frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook onion, garlic, and potatoes in olive oil over medium heat until potatoes are golden brown, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove mixture from pan and set aside.
- Add ground beef or turkey to the skillet and cook and stir until browned. Drain if necessary. Add vegetables and pasta sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat untilwarmed through, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- In prepared pan, layer half the potato mixture, half the meat mixture and half the cheeses. Repeat layers. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese are melted.