Lorraine of AZ's Note:
Classic lasagna, except you use potatoes instead of pasta to separate the layers of beef, vegetables, and pasta sauce. Really good! Recipe from Linda Larson at About.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups country style frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
- 2In a large skillet, cook onion, garlic, and potatoes in olive oil over medium heat until potatoes are golden brown, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove mixture from pan and set aside.
- 3Add ground beef or turkey to the skillet and cook and stir until browned. Drain if necessary. Add vegetables and pasta sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat untilwarmed through, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4In prepared pan, layer half the potato mixture, half the meat mixture and half the cheeses. Repeat layers. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese are melted.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (677 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 862.3
- Calories from Fat 390
- Total Fat 43.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 115.7 mg
- Sodium 1134.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 43.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning