Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sounds like a great cool winter dinner.
- 1 lb red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 lb smoked kielbasa or 3⁄4 lb Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 5 bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- •Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- • In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add potatoes; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned.
- • Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach and bacon; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Yield: 4 servings.