Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is from Cooking Lights "Lighten Up" section where they take a favorite recipe and "Lighten" it up a bit. This got great reviews at my house.
- 1 cup half-and-half, divided
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 cups thinly sliced, peeled yukon gold potatoes
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Combine 2 Tbls half and half with flour in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add the remaining half and half, cheese and next 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Arrange half the potatoes in a single layer in an 11x7" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Pour half of the milk mixture over the potatoes, stirring the milk mixture right before adding.
- Repeat procedure with remaining potatoes and mlk mixture.
- Bake at 400F for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
I had to cut this in half and then still had to restrain myself and my DH, we could have eaten the whole thing in one sitting. Wonderfull stuff!! It went very well with your meat loaf, thanks Erin!!
A great variation on scalloped potatoes. The only thing I did differently is not peeling the Yukon golds. We like the skins left on. Easy to put together and went great with pork tenderloin. Will be making this again!
I loved this!! I wanted to try making it on my own after dining on a something similar at a local restaurant. I used fat free half and half, 2 14oz. pkgs of crumbled goat cheese, fat free milk, and 2 large gold potatoes. Otherwise I followed the recipe exactly.