Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Individual galettes can be frozen and re-heated when needed. Great with diagonally sliced chicken breast served on top of each galette.
- 6 potatoes, medium to large and thinly sliced
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Line a large oven tray with baking paper and start overlapping the potato slices into 6 individual galettes - making circles about 10cm.
- Season each layer with salt and pepper, shallots and parmesan; continue layering, the last and third layer will be just potato slices, spray lightly with olive oil.
- Bake at 180degC (350degF)for 40mins; don't let them brown if they are to be frozen and reheated at a later stage.
- The galettes can be cooked until just starting to brown, then frozen and later reheated to crisp and brown by reheating in a hot oven for about 20 minutes.
I added garlic (personal taste, my husband HAS to have garlic), and a bit of paprika on top for coloring. Presentation turned out really nice.
We really enjoyed thes with no extra toppings. I made exactly as directed although I think mine turned out larger than the recipe intended but I don't think that mattered in this recipe. Simple and easy to make and just plain old good. thanks
Very easy and impressive way to serve the humble potato:) Served these topped with fillet steak and mushoom sauce. A 'keeper' for us. :)